As a makeup artist on the go, I always have struggles of packing and bringing everything with me. So, I have decided to give depotting my palettes a try and transfer them to Z palette. They come with magnets in both round and square shapes so it’s convenient to customize. I tried the Large size to get all my eyeshadows in one place. For now I have chosen NAKED palettes 1, 2, and 3, from Urban Decay.
You can get them here: Z palette Amazon large.
To do them, you must need the f.f.:
- Z PALETTE of choice
- Z PALETTE magnets
- rubbing alcohol
- sticky labels
- pens or markers to label
- your desired makeup palette
- lighter (optional) (but since I used Naked palettes, it wasn’t necessary.)
Instructions on how to customize palettes:
- Grab your desired palettes and decide which ones you need to stack together.
- Using a cutter, carefully remove desired eyeshadows on their own wells. (If it doesn’t budge, use lighter to heat underneath for easy removal.)
- By using a spatula, pull the desired eyeshadow and stick the Z PALETTE magnets under the eyeshadows.
- Stick on your sticky labels and label each eyeshadows. Or you can just remove the main labels if they are stickers from the original palette.
- Carefully place eyeshadows on the Z PALETTE magnets underneath.
- Place eyeshadows on the Z PALETTE and you’re done.
- A little breakage could occur, so rubbing alcohol and a spatula comes handy to repair such. Just drop a few drops on the damaged area and carefully press with a spatula. In a few seconds it will dry and take it’s place.
So far, I really liked how my NAKED 1,2, and 3 looks like in a large palette. I have placed a mirror on the side from previous palettes I have depotted (yes, I save them!!!) and I also included both brushes inside.
Hoping this post helps in your Z PALETTE customization, making it convenient for your makeup kits.