Let’s not forget this month, of October is Breast cancer month. A breast cancer survivor lives with it everyday. To commemorate this month and help spread the awareness, let us wear and think pink, purchase goods that helps the breast cancer community, educate ourselves more about breast cancer by doing our own research and by getting active with charities/activities.
Breast-cancer facts to know:
- 1st breast cancer clinical study was conducted by Janet Elizabeth-Lane Claypon in 1926
- breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women and the most commonly diagnosed patients are women
- each year, approximately 1,700 men (yes, men!) are diagnosed with breast cancer
- no, you won’t get breast cancer with anti-perspirants
- every 2 minutes, women are diagnosed with breast cancer
- many studies have proven that breast cancer occurs on the left breast
For more images go to http://www.debimendez.com/lets-rally-for-life.
Learn more about breast cancer at http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/37136.php and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_cancer.