As a artist based in the Gulf region, my mission is to share creative content and focus on collaborating with talented artists of all fields. This Qatar National Day special, I would like you all to meet influencer Nawaal Akram — Qatar’s first ever wheel chair comedian & wheel chair model. Together with photographer @MariasPhotoClick, we have both made our collaboration possible and fulfill “Nawarti dreams“: Nawaal’s fine art project.
Check out some bts photos from my camera of what we had done, all in time for Qatar National Day.
Providing makeup for Nawaal is a great opportunity. Nawaal is a true symbol of positive outlook in life and empowerment. At a very young age, Nawaal has been very vocal about her disability and her mission is to reach out to those who are in need and to inspire a lot of people. Nawaal is the founder of Muscular dystrophy Qatar & MiddleEast and also, a training Paralympic Athlete. She has recently established her “Nawarti dreams” fine art project, which is her artistic approach.
Nawaal, herself, has admitted her love for fashion and makeup. In a way, this collaboration has not only made both of us reach our artistic goals, but, it also made us inspired that there’s no barrier in stopping one’s creativity. Nawaal’s hair was styled by her sister and mother, which made the shoot extra special. Wardrobe by Qatari designer Fanilla Couture, and beautiful accessories by Glamorous and Fabolous. Prepped at Nawaal’s place and shoot took place at MIA.
Get Nawaal’s makeup look:
- EYES: Painterly M.A.C. eyeshadow base, Anastasia Modern Renaissance pallette on lids and crease, black Too faced pencil on lash line to make line more jet black, inner linner was Fascinating white M.A.C. eye kohl, Inglot #77 liner as liner, Urban decay glitter liner on tear ducts, Makeup forever gel brow for precise brows, and Inglot lashes.
- SKIN: Skin was prepped with M.A.C. Oil control lotion and primed with M.A.C. Prep and prime primer and M.A.C. prep and prime fix plus for stay put power. Under eyes was massaged with M.A.C. Fast response eyecream to depuff and eliminate fine lines.
- FOUNDATION: D&G matte foundation in “Natural beige” #120, a staple color for every skin tone, and on my kit.
- Concealer: NW25 M.A.C. Studio finish was applied under after foundation for a lifting effect and on inner jaw line to create a hollow illusion.
- BUFF: Kstars loose powder was used to bake and finish skin, as Nawaal needs minimal retouching.
- BLUSH AND CONTOUR: “Format” M.A.C. blusher was used on Nawaal’s cheeks, to compliment the look. Contouring was achieved using MUFE natural FLASH PALETTE with M.A.C. “Darkest deep” mineralize skin finish.
- HIGHLIGHT: M.A.C. Soft and gentle on upper cheek bones and upper nose line.
- LIPS: lip was lined with Vino M.A.C. lip pencil, M.A.C. “lady be good” retro matte liquid lipstick all over lips, and Color pop “Breezy” metallic liquid lipstick on center for 3d dimension.
These are the official photos taken by MariasPhotoClicks:
Check out Nawaal’s IG NawaalAkram IG. Get in touch with the following accounts: @mariasphotoclicks, @fanillacouture, and @glamorous_and_fabolous. Don’t forget to check my account @artofdebimendezbilae.
HAPPY QATAR NATIONAL DAY!