In preparation for Heya Fashion show, I’ve collaborated with Saudi brand “Classic Veil” Abaya campaign for their very first collection. Composed of hand-embroidered luxurious textiles from Saudi, I am very honored to have my makeup touches for the brand.
ABOUT THE ABAYA LINE AND THE SHOOT
Hailing from Saudi, Classic Veil‘s touch is very new. Their very own hand-embroidered luxurious fabric is what makes the brand special in the Gulf. During the process, it is also my first time to do a campaign shoot that lasted until 4 A.M.! And also, I have used half of my personal accessories which are hand-picked the day before at my house (yes, my house!) by stylist/photographer Jorell Legaspi. Hair is done by Daisy of LPG. Photographed campaign shots are by Photography Lens Asia. Assisted by Chatchy Sayson. Classic Veil is one of the abaya designers to take part in Heya Fashion show.
ABOUT THE LOOK
The client wanted something trendy and opted for a “Kylie Jenner” style of makeup, insisting that the Kardashian-Jenner is an ideal icon that represents the Middle Eastern women. Though I disagree with that term (and I am pretty sure Middle Eastern women don’t really consider them an ideal icon due to cultural indifference but more of just a makeup or beauty look peg), as an artist, it is my job to execute the request professionally– adding my own style. Instead, I’ve created a beauty look inspired by the trends and the warmer makeup hues Jenner is known for. With the already beautiful Belarus model Liliya, I have come out with a tailored makeup look for the brand without overpowering the abayas. We’ve shot 30-40 abayas in one day. We have split the abayas to cover 2 looks. As a team, we have also decided to do the warmer look first, and then later on, amplify the makeup look with a more golden smokey eye and red lips.
KEY PRODUCTS & LOOK DETAILS
- Moisturizer: @ctilburymakeup magic cream
- Eye cream: @maccosmetics Fast response eye cream
- primer: @smashbox photo finish spray primer.
- Foundation: Caramel @dolcegabbana matte
- Contour: NC 42 MAC studio finish concealer
- Concealer: @Maybelline instant age rewind brightener illuminater
- Powder: Mac mineralize skin finish, and @LauraMercier translucent powder
- Blush: MAC Melba and Blunt
- natural brows: MAC cork eyeshadow + MAC lingering pencil
- Highlighter: Soft and gentle MAC applied with wet fan brush
- Eyes: (base) @MACmiddleeast painterly, (eyeshadow) @anastasiabeverlyhills modern renaissance palette, (liner) MAC Coffee pencil, (mascara) Lancome hypnose mascara, (lashes) @lecosmetiquerepublique_usa.
- Lips: (first lipstick) MAC Chicory lip pencil, MAC please me and pink plaid lipsticks and (second lipstick) MAC Cherry lip pencil and RetroMatte Feel so grand liquid lipstick.
I’m very proud of being part of the team and the beautiful outcome of this shoot. You can check more of Classic Veil‘s abayas at their Instagram CLASSIC_VEIL ABAYAS. You can also view some of the campaign shots at my website http://www.debimendez.com/classic-veil.
(bts photos randomly taken from my camera.)